Tips for Maintenance
Want to keep your Nightingale-Studio product in prime condition? Then we suggest taking note of these tips.
ant to keep your Nightingale-Studio product in prime condition?
Then we suggest taking note of the following tips.
- Leather grease, such as beeswax, extends the life of the leather and keeps the leather soft and smooth. Apply the beeswax with a soft cloth or sponge. Leave it in for a couple of hours. Dry any excess leather grease away with a clean cloth. The treatment should be done at room temperature.
- Never store your Nightingale-Studio product in plastic and avoid storage in general for any prolonged period of time.
- Keep in mind: direct sunlight or heavy rain can lead to discoloration.
- Did your item get wet?
Then you’ll want to let it dry at room temperature.
Avoid drying your Nightingale-Studio product in the sun or close to a radiator or other heat source.
You can treat dried-up raindrops and other light stains by simply rubbing two (affected) leather surfaces together.
Following exposure to moisture and removal of any light stains, re-treat your item using the beeswax.
Never treat stains with caustic solvents, such as gasoline or acetone.
- Leather that has become stiff will recover its malleability following treatment with leather grease, such as beeswax.
- Leather surfaces may initially leave traces of color behind. Likewise, given their slightly higher risk of color transfer, you may want to exercise caution when wearing a black item with light-colored clothing.